Tashan

Reading is Therapy

I choose to read books instead of watching TV.

The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind
Gustave Le Bon
Les Deux Tours (Le Seigneur des Anneaux, #2)
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Quran
Anonymous

Call on Me

Call on Me - Angela Verdenius What is it with authors who write long dialogue instead of an actual story line? I'm tired of books being 75% one-sentence-dialogue and 25% character's-thoughts. I'm starting to think that publishers have really lowered their standards.

“You know perfectly well what.”

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“Wrong.”

Defensively, she folded her arms. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“We have to.”

“No, we don’t.”

“Yes, we do.” He took a step closer.

“Forget about it.”

“I can’t.” He watched her lashes lower, covering her eyes. “You can’t.”

“I’m trying.”

“It won’t work.”

“I’ve pretty much forgotten about it already.”

“Ali, stop mucking around.”

“I’m not.”

Now tell me this isn't painful to read. I dare you.

Sorry for the rant. My point is i didn't like the writing style.

Ali can't seem to find the right boyfriend but thanks heaven, she has her best friend around who soothes everything and calls her "honey". I mean... "honey"? really?

I thought i'd like this book because of the plot but it was poorly written : if they know each other for so long how come Ty realizes only now not only his feelings for her but also how luscious she is? I've read other books with the same intrigue but this time, i wasn't okay with it. The author failed to make this realistic.

Maybe i just picked this book at the wrong time, because i usually like cliché romance chick lit (and i like them especially for the clichés) but this time i couldn't help rolling my eyes. Also i'm a bit frustrated because i failed to see the fluff and mushiness in it. The characters all fell so empty and a bit... not stupid but, simpleton?

And why do heroines always beg to be kissed?
“Don’t stop. Don’t let me go,” she whispered, pleaded, her voice husky with need. “Please, Ty, please.”
“Ty, please. Please, Ty…please…”
*pucking*

This book isn't atrocious but it's nothing ground breaking. It's short so you might as well give it a try.