Tashan

Reading is Therapy

I choose to read books instead of watching TV.

The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind
Gustave Le Bon
Les Deux Tours (Le Seigneur des Anneaux, #2)
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Quran
Anonymous
Love Story - Erich Segal "Love means not ever having to say you're sorry."
A lot of people consider this quote to be utter crap but I like it more than "That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt" or "It's gonna hurt because it matters" from John Green.

I waited over 12 years to read this book. I remember hearing first about it when i was 10-ish, i was watching a movie (which became my favourite movie ever) in which this book was mentioned.

Yesterday I finally got my hands on it and started reading it right away. I thought it would be something in the lines of "a walk to remember" by Nicholas Sparks : very emotional, romantic, tear jerker and all. But it was not.

Jennifer is not your cute shy little angelic girl. And I really liked that a lot. She is smart, quick witted, funny, strong. I loved her personality.

Even though this book is written in the guy's POV, i didn't really form an opinion on the guy. And somehow, the romance isn't suffocating. In fact, I really don't know what to say about the romance in this book. It was here obviously but it was more in the form of love - simple, obvious love - than sensual love making and cheesy declaration. I guess the way they acted toward each other, how they made little things become important for one another and how they overcome a lot together is what shows us the love between them.

I think that Jennifer was really what made this book what it is. I could write a one thousand words review about her but i'll just say that from her first words to her last, she was awesome and imperfect.